Try booting up with the nousb or noscsi option. I've also had some success booting with the 26 kernel. The main problem with this is that you may not have any usb access.
After starting up the system everything runs fine in installation up to the processor cooler detection. Then the system freezes. Has anyone got an idea why?
Cheers
Try booting up with the nousb or noscsi option. I've also had some success booting with the 26 kernel. The main problem with this is that you may not have any usb access.
Further to my last message I've gone back to version 3.3 which boots fine and detects the USB memory stick I want. Progress eh?
Haha!
I have a Tecra 8000 aswell, and just had the same problem with 3.6. When you load knoppix in the beggining issue this command to get it working:
"knoppix screen=1024x768 acpi=off"
The problem lies within the ACPI part of the startup, so I thought I'd just skip it completely
Only downside is the screen=1024x768 bit isnt working for me right now, but I can get into the OS
i have some issue also with knoppix on my tecra 8000. i tried numerous boot options for the live-cd, but never got it to start with a screen resolution other than 640 x 480, which looks outright horrible...
everything else works fine though... (as far as the screen permitted me to check on that
does anyone know how to fix this?
The following works fine on mine
from Knoppix start screen
knoppix xmodule=fbdev fb1024x768 (plus any other codes you need - I have to add acpi=off or it won't boot)
It does say during startup that fbdev is using 640x480 but I think the fb1024x768 overrides this

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99
Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHz 64 GB RAM No OS No HDD Read-
$239.95