I've installed Knoppix 3.6 to my harddrive. do I need to create a persisent home to keep programs after I reboot? And must I save my confiugration everytime I plan to reboot?
I've installed Knoppix 3.6 to my harddrive. do I need to create a persisent home to keep programs after I reboot? And must I save my confiugration everytime I plan to reboot?
If you have done a full HD install (ie not a 'poormans install'), no, you shouldn't have to save any configs or home files. One 'exception' (which isn't really an exception) if you have done a Knoppix style install & want to maintain changes to /etc/fstab, you will have to add 'nofstab' to your 'append=' line in lilo.conf so fstab won't get overwritten with each boot.

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
$7152.20
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00