-
Does HD install need persistent home+ save config?
I've installed Knoppix 3.6 to my harddrive. do I need to create a persisent home to keep programs after I reboot? And must I save my confiugration everytime I plan to reboot?
-
Senior Member
registered user
If you have done a full HD install (ie not a 'poormans install'), no, you shouldn't have to save any configs or home files. One 'exception' (which isn't really an exception) if you have done a Knoppix style install & want to maintain changes to /etc/fstab, you will have to add 'nofstab' to your 'append=' line in lilo.conf so fstab won't get overwritten with each boot.
Similar Threads
-
By Robert A. in forum Klik
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 02:10 PM
-
By williamb in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 11:59 PM
-
By 5t1nkbu77 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 04:27 AM
-
By humanizer in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 05:16 PM
-
By qa1433 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2003, 05:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes
$65.00

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s
$399.99

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$13.99