-
Funny story
I downloaded and printed out the manual the other day at work. I had it printed duplex, bound in with our Docubind P300, and had a nice clear plastic cover put before and after the title and back page. I was laying in bed one night reading it when my wife came in and looked at what I was reading.
"What is 'know-pix'?" she asked, crawling into bed.
[LOL] "It's 'nah-pix'" I told her. "It's a free operating system that boots from a CD. It can replace the Windows XP that's on our computer. It totally bypasses reading anything on the hard drive. And if the power goes out or you need to turn off the computer, you can just hit the power button. You know, it doesn't mess up the computer and have to sit forever running a scandisk. And it comes with a cool audio program that shows the waves... like the program the guys use on Ghost Hunters..." (Ghost Hunters is a show she watches on SCI-Fi channel.)
As she rolls over, "You've already lost me. I'm going to bed. Good night sweetie."
----------------------
Awesome manual. I love it. I've tinkered some with Linux for about 8 years off and on. This is a great overview and EASY document to read.
Thanks so much!
Similar Threads
-
By SteveH_66 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-02-2005, 01:17 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 02:35 AM
-
By visitor in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 01:42 AM
-
By Mlight in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 04:39 PM
-
By counterzone in forum General Support
Replies: 30
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$111.30

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 Raid Card 12Gbps HBA HDD Controller 9300-8i
$16.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46