I bought one at walmart and using usb it only goes up and down, with ps/2 the cursor moves horribly slow. Anyone know how to fix this?
I bought one at walmart and using usb it only goes up and down, with ps/2 the cursor moves horribly slow. Anyone know how to fix this?
Does this happen while booting from CD or a HD installation? I have a MS Wireless mouse and it works flawlessly.
-GN
Yeah my bad, I must have been tired when I posted that with no previous info. Anyway my system is a Kanotix 6 install, maybe 7.
I use Knoppix 3.6 (it worked with 3.4 too), I would assume there shouldn't be any major differences between them.
Assuming the following:
1. You had a working installation either to HD or with persistent configuration
2. You changed your mouse after this installation
I would do:
1. Boot from CD and see if the new mouse is properly detected and configured
2.1. If the new mouse works booting from CD, then you need to check the resulting configuration files vs the persistent ones to see what needs to be adjusted.
2.2. If it doesn't work there are 2 options:
2.2.1 You have a hardware problem (try the new mouse under Windows to see if it works)
2.2.2. There may be a driver problem. In this case you'll have to Google or check in the Debian site for additional information on your particular mouse model.
Wireless mice are tricky and susceptible to intereference from other radio wave sources and electromagnetic noise in general.
I hope this helps,
-GN
Drifting OT, can anyone comment on success stories with wireless keyboards?
Regards,
Paul
I imagine it would be tricky since you need the keyboard at boot time, before any driver can be loaded.Originally Posted by pau1knopp
--GN

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99