Have you tried forcing the nv XServer, and are you using the latest version? Are you sure the card is fully-functional? (ie: not broken)
Hi,
When I try to boot Knoppix, the system hangs with the following message:
Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card
I've tried a lot of cheat codes but none of them works. Also, the failsafe doesn't work. When i do the advanced boot, the system recognizes all my hardware (nvidia TNT2, etc), but when the boot process continues, it will still hang with the same message![]()
Can anyone help me with that?
The specs for my computer are:
Epox mvp3g-2 (with VIA)
AMD k6-2 450
196Meg
Soundblaster live
Nvidia TNT2
Have you tried forcing the nv XServer, and are you using the latest version? Are you sure the card is fully-functional? (ie: not broken)
Hi, yes, I know for certain that my card isn't broken, and I'm using version 3.2.
I forgot to mention that before the system haltes, the following message is repeated quit often:
cloop: error-3 uncompressing black 5036 65536/65536/27799/0 114511316-114539115
end_request: I/O error, deev f0:00 (cloop), sector 644660
Does this indicates a broken CD? The ISO's md5 checksum was correct.
How do I force the nv Xserver?
It looks like a bad cd, what date version of 3.2 do you have?
as far as forcing the nv x-module, press <f2> at the first boot screen to see the "cheat codes"
knoppix xmodule=nv
would be the way to force the nv module.
BTW, I have two machines with tnt based cards, both work very well with knoppix, I dl'd a 3-23 iso that gave me a bunch of the same type of errors I threw it and the iso away, as far as 3.2 goes, it looks as though everything prior to the 3-28 date version has some problems, and for most things the 3-28 may be OK, but still people are having some problems with 3.2 that they didn't have with 3.1. So I am still waiting.
rock
Hi, Thanks for your reply, i've downloaded the 3-38 version and it worked.

SERVER ECC MEMORY OWC3R2D42R464GB 128GB (2x64GB) 2Rx4 DDR4 3200 RAM
$860.00
Micron 32GB (16GB x 2) PC4-25600 DDR4-3200MHz ECC RDIMM Memory (sku 0054)
$199.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$459.00
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Micron 32GB MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E7 RAM 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA ECC REG Memory
$249.99
Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory
$2150.00
Kingston 32GB DDR4-3200MHz DIMM RAM KTH-PL432D8P/16G (2X16GB STICKS) sku 0055
$179.00
2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35