-
Senior Member
registered user
Flight Simulations...
I did an apt-get install of flightgear - first of all, its a HUGE download, somewhere in the size of 3/4 GB, and after installing, it runs...
It may be my system, but it runs slow, and I've got a 1.4 GHz AMD, with a 8x NVidia card - but, I think the "game" itself, is comparable to what M$ is shipping under the name "Flight Simulator". The controls would probably be "excellent" if I had a "flight" input device, but using the mouse wasnt that difficult. I managed to taxi to runway, lift-off, and then crash into the ocean. ( with a few "straight up" climbs, resulting in engine stalls. ) I havent figured out where you can set environments, locations, and times at... So, I was "who-knows-where" and in the dark, and I think the plane was a cessna, "prop-job". I tend to do a apt-cache search for action, or arcade games, at least once a week, to see if anything is new, or excitting out in the world, and this was my first attempt at "simulations" - Sometimes, you just got to get in a plane, and crash a few times 
The cockpit "looks", to my "untrained eye", to be quite authentic, lots of dials, controls, switches, levels, etc... and the "HUD" ( Heads Up Display ) looked good. Now, if I can find out where the "settings" are, maybe a nice LearJet, or something on the "edge", like a "sound-breaker" plane, is next to be in line ??? Nothing more fun than to fly faster than the speed of sound, and then crash [giggle] - ( warning - bad 9/11 thought follows ) Maybe I can load a scenery of N.Y. and go after the twin towers, or something ?
Anyone have any good flight simulator games that they have tried - maybe something a little less "authentic" and a little more "foregiving" of a newbie Aeronatical clutz ??? [giggle]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX-4PST-RMK Adjustable 4-Post Rack Mount Kit NEW Factory Sealed
$150.00

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99