DSL (Damn Small Linux) comes with dillo... ByzantyneOS uses mozilla as window manager, but they seem to require 128Mb at least.
Hey, I have an old 64MB ram machine I would like to use as a harddisk-less browser machine. I know Knoppix requires 96MB to run KDE, is there any way I could just run X (no KDE) and then some graphical browser app on top? How would I do this?
Thanks!
DSL (Damn Small Linux) comes with dillo... ByzantyneOS uses mozilla as window manager, but they seem to require 128Mb at least.
i have Debian installed on a p100 with 74M ram, that works OK with icewm as windowmanager and glinks as browser.
Useing a differnt WM could hlep, but it you just want X.Originally Posted by OErjan
Then boot with the 2 cheatcode and enter startx
This is helpful, I'll try it. So startx will just load X and not KDE, that should help. How do I start an app from within plain X, will there be a menu or right click?Originally Posted by firebyrd10
As a final answer it is possible to use mozilla or konqueror on 64MB RAM machine by using TWM as the window manager. You can specify this in the boot options or if you startx, it will try and fail to use KDE and default to TWM.

Vintage Kubotek KeyCreator 3D CAD Modeling Software Box 2000’s
$199.99
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Vintage IBM ThinkPad 600X Type 2645 Laptop with accessories *Read Description*
$149.99
8 Inch Floppy Disk Lot of 109 Assorted Brands Maxell KAO Vintage Media Games Ins
$195.00
Epson Card 486D4 Single Board Computer Card PCMCIA Vintage Industrial
$906.39
Vintage Microsoft Windows 1.03 (1986) Retail Box - with 6-Disk Set & Manual
$999.99
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72