Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: No pingy

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    9

    No pingy

    I have 3.6 on a HD install. Internet works. I am connected to a router as is 2 XP boxes. I cannot ping 158.95.1.1 (router). I cannot ping bach(158.95.1.100) by IP or name. I tried Samba with terminal server and get query error when trying to search. Bach does have shared folders which should show up. I would like to be able to browse back and forth between machines. I want to set up printers but I think I need to whip this ping issue with YOUR help.
    Don't be bashful.
    HELP!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    check your router's firewall.........

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    9
    Router is Linksys befsr41. I don't think if has a firewall. The only firewall is a software type on the XP box. I did ping XP to IX machines with success but I can't ping IX to XP.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeden
    Router is Linksys befsr41.......
    That's a very strange IP address for a Linksys home router to be using. Normally it will use addresses in the 192.168.xxx.xxx range. Is there something else about your network that you're not telling but people should know to help you?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    9
    Duh.
    Replace 158.95 with 192.168. My day job is IT on 158.95.x.x. Everything else is correct.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro

$240.00



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box picture

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box

$299.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$189.99



Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD picture

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD

$179.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$365.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00