check your router's firewall.........![]()
I have 3.6 on a HD install. Internet works. I am connected to a router as is 2 XP boxes. I cannot ping 158.95.1.1 (router). I cannot ping bach(158.95.1.100) by IP or name. I tried Samba with terminal server and get query error when trying to search. Bach does have shared folders which should show up. I would like to be able to browse back and forth between machines. I want to set up printers but I think I need to whip this ping issue with YOUR help.
Don't be bashful.
HELP!
check your router's firewall.........![]()
Router is Linksys befsr41. I don't think if has a firewall. The only firewall is a software type on the XP box. I did ping XP to IX machines with success but I can't ping IX to XP.
That's a very strange IP address for a Linksys home router to be using. Normally it will use addresses in the 192.168.xxx.xxx range. Is there something else about your network that you're not telling but people should know to help you?Originally Posted by mpeden
Duh.
Replace 158.95 with 192.168. My day job is IT on 158.95.x.x. Everything else is correct.

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$379.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99