Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: No pingy

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    9

    No pingy

    I have 3.6 on a HD install. Internet works. I am connected to a router as is 2 XP boxes. I cannot ping 158.95.1.1 (router). I cannot ping bach(158.95.1.100) by IP or name. I tried Samba with terminal server and get query error when trying to search. Bach does have shared folders which should show up. I would like to be able to browse back and forth between machines. I want to set up printers but I think I need to whip this ping issue with YOUR help.
    Don't be bashful.
    HELP!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    check your router's firewall.........

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    9
    Router is Linksys befsr41. I don't think if has a firewall. The only firewall is a software type on the XP box. I did ping XP to IX machines with success but I can't ping IX to XP.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeden
    Router is Linksys befsr41.......
    That's a very strange IP address for a Linksys home router to be using. Normally it will use addresses in the 192.168.xxx.xxx range. Is there something else about your network that you're not telling but people should know to help you?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    9
    Duh.
    Replace 158.95 with 192.168. My day job is IT on 158.95.x.x. Everything else is correct.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter

$169.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...

$679.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$329.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black

$387.46