So your home partition wasn't on the usb-key when you created the text file?
Try it again and remember to type "knoppix home=scan" or "knoppix home=/dev/sda1" (if you have no other scsi devices) at the boot prompt first.
I tried to create a persistent home directory on a USB-key under Knoppix 3.7. I used the the button ( script) Knoppix > Configure > Create a persistent KNOPPIX Home directory. After that I check the contains of the USB-key. I have a new file on it it seem to be a knoppix.img. I decide to test the persistent home directory by creating a text file in the home directory and I reboot the machine. At the boot prompt I type this "knoppix home=scan". After the boot my text file is not in the home directory but the knoppix.img is already on my USB-key.
What is the problem?
Thank you
So your home partition wasn't on the usb-key when you created the text file?
Try it again and remember to type "knoppix home=scan" or "knoppix home=/dev/sda1" (if you have no other scsi devices) at the boot prompt first.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1444.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99