-
Junior Member
registered user
Will Sound Card Detection get fixed in the next Knoppix
I have to ask this because my PC setup means that Knoppix's hardware detection acts funny.
My PC has a built in AC97 sound chip, and I have a Creative Audigy 2 Platium in a PCI slot, and a Logitech webcam.
What happens is that Knoppix goes through my sound devices, from the AC97 to the Audigy, and then to the webcam. It ends up picking the last one detected (the webcam) and then tries to use it. Naturally, I want to use the Audigy.
With, say, Fedora Core 3, all three sound devices are detected and I get to pick one.
Will this get fixed in the next Knoppix, or will there at least be some tool to set the correct soundcard. I tried that soundcard tool in Knoppix 3.6 but couldn't get it to work.
-
I'm having a similar problem with my logitech quickcam messenger.. Whenever it's plugged in it overrides what my sound card is and uses Camera instead(most likely as it has a built in mic). I'm not sure how the hardware detection scripts work, but is there any information I could give out to help the developers solve this problem?
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
It didn't quite do it. :/ Maybe I'll try to reword what I'm looking for:
I'm not looking for webcam support, I'm looking for a way to get a fix, so when my webcam is plugged in, it doesn't stop my sound card from working. I'm pretty sure it could be done with minimal changes, as my sound works perfectly if I remove the Camera module and probe my sound card module. It's looking like it's a common issue, and it happens in every computer I connect the webcam to and load up Knoppix. My question is, what information can I get to the developers/maintainers(doesn't need to be Klaus) to try to get a fix in the script? Is there a place other than the forums where I can post the bug in detail for a better chance of getting a fix?
Similar Threads
-
By JohninPH in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 06:25 PM
-
By myrrdex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2004, 04:16 PM
-
By hnash53 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 03:24 AM
-
By donkthemagicllama in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-02-2003, 01:18 PM
-
By jonwood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 04:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99