Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Will Sound Card Detection get fixed in the next Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    27

    Will Sound Card Detection get fixed in the next Knoppix

    I have to ask this because my PC setup means that Knoppix's hardware detection acts funny.

    My PC has a built in AC97 sound chip, and I have a Creative Audigy 2 Platium in a PCI slot, and a Logitech webcam.

    What happens is that Knoppix goes through my sound devices, from the AC97 to the Audigy, and then to the webcam. It ends up picking the last one detected (the webcam) and then tries to use it. Naturally, I want to use the Audigy.

    With, say, Fedora Core 3, all three sound devices are detected and I get to pick one.

    Will this get fixed in the next Knoppix, or will there at least be some tool to set the correct soundcard. I tried that soundcard tool in Knoppix 3.6 but couldn't get it to work.

  2. #2
    I'm having a similar problem with my logitech quickcam messenger.. Whenever it's plugged in it overrides what my sound card is and uses Camera instead(most likely as it has a built in mic). I'm not sure how the hardware detection scripts work, but is there any information I could give out to help the developers solve this problem?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    london town
    Posts
    220

  4. #4
    It didn't quite do it. :/ Maybe I'll try to reword what I'm looking for:
    I'm not looking for webcam support, I'm looking for a way to get a fix, so when my webcam is plugged in, it doesn't stop my sound card from working. I'm pretty sure it could be done with minimal changes, as my sound works perfectly if I remove the Camera module and probe my sound card module. It's looking like it's a common issue, and it happens in every computer I connect the webcam to and load up Knoppix. My question is, what information can I get to the developers/maintainers(doesn't need to be Klaus) to try to get a fix in the script? Is there a place other than the forums where I can post the bug in detail for a better chance of getting a fix?

Similar Threads

  1. AOC monitor detection and sound card problem - fixed
    By JohninPH in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 06:25 PM
  2. sound card detection AC97
    By myrrdex in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 04:16 PM
  3. No sound card detection
    By hnash53 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 03:24 AM
  4. Sound card detection?
    By donkthemagicllama in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2003, 01:18 PM
  5. Non-detection of sound card and Network adapter
    By jonwood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 04:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$49.99



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA picture

2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA

$799.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY. picture

Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY.

$49.99