Hello,
being a newbie with Knoppix I tried really hard to solve my problem searching the existing topics, but no luck...
I had a crash on my winXP machine (AMD3.5+, 1GB RAM, 2SATA HDs,...)
For some reason it would give not boot (problem with HD?)
So.. perfect opportunity to try my Knoppix 3.4 CD.
Booted from the CD - ok.
Recognised CDs and floppy - ok
Recognised HDs .. - NO
tried to mount all the devices, both from terminal and using the konqueror (executed as root), but never got to see their contents.
The device list I see is:
/proc (/proc)
/sys (/sys)
/dev/pts (/dev/pts)
/dev/fd0 (/mnt/auto/floppy)
/dev/cdrom (/mnt/auto/cdrom)
/dev/cdrom1 (/mnt/auto/cdrom1)
noauto,users,exec (0)
I have already mounted the non-cd and non-floppy ones, but when tried to access them they give the following error:
----------------------------
Could not mount device.
The reported error was:
mount:fs type sysfs not supported by kernel
----------------------------
or
----------------------------
Could not mount device.
The reported error was:
mountroc already mounted
----------------------------
I have a lot of info in these HDs and I am really worried...
I read the Serial Ata Problem topic (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ght=serial+ata)
... could it be the case?
Or are my HDs corrupted?
Or am I simply just a complete newbie messing around?
Help will be greatly appreciated,
thanks.

Vaquform DT2 - Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine
$800.00
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00
Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67
Trucozie Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Self-Standing Lightweight Stick Vacuum New Ope
$89.00