-
I want Knoppix
I'm a newbie. I've never used Linux before. I'm not the most techie person you will meet, but I can survive in a technical world, especially with some support. And I am ready to try Linux. I mainly want an alternative to Windows and to try something new. I decided to start with Knoppix because I can run it from the cd. I'm already having problems though. I download it, and the file appears on my desk top. I try to open it and it tells me that I need to put my Nero cd in. I do, and it doesn't recognize it. I try to burn just that, and I get an error. Oh well, I just ordered the disk. I'm just too excited to try it to wait for it to get delivered. Here are my questions:
1. Is a web browser included. If so, what?
2. I am a college student and my laptop is hooked up to a network most of the time. I'm running Win XP Pro right now. Will I be able to get on my network with Knoppix?
3. Once I get on will I be able to get to my old files that are saved to my hard drive? I know I will have to use Open Office, but I already have the windows version of Open Office. I know the cd comes with Open Office.
4. Any problems I may expect?
5. Once running Knoppix do I simply restart my computer to go back to windows?
6. Will this be easy enough for me to use, or will I need to memorize codes and stuff like with DOS?
Thanks for you help!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive
$349.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$58.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

WD Re 3TB Enterprise 3.5" HDD SATA 6Gb/s 7200RPM 64MB Cache
$70.00