-
Junior Member
registered user
Networking Problem: Linux and Windows XP
This may be a stupid question...
I can run Samba on my linux box and connect from my windows xp box to linux, but cannot connect from linux to windows xp box. In Windows XP, I just map the drive and boom login and I am there. I can't figure out how to login into my winxp box from my linux box, though...
Any help or direction to which thread has this answer.
Thanks!!!
-
I usually have problems the other way around 
Check if you have both the Samba server and client running:
Code:
ps -ef | grep [sn]mbd
smbd is the server daemon and nmbd the client.
You can restart Samba by issuing the command:
Code:
/etc/init.d/samba restart
Use LinNeighborhood to browse your network and/or mount Windows shared drives on the XP box (you did check that, didn't you?)
You'll have to look into the Samba configuration file smb.conf for additional details. All of the commands and files I quoted have man pages.
I hope it helps,
-GN
Similar Threads
-
By diogenes in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-08-2005, 02:44 AM
-
By Phishman in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 12:03 AM
-
By nicorellius in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 09:17 PM
-
By zebesian in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 08:27 PM
-
By xarkangelx in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99