-
Senior Member
registered user
Dual Boot Using BootPart
I just installed Knoppix to my 2nd hard drive dual booting with XP. I runs great!
I used a method I have not seen on this forum. I used a boot loader utility called bootpart.
Get it from www.winimage.com/bootpart.htm See also the relevant documentation regarding debian and dual boot.
It is great for Linux newbies. With bootpart I can skip Lilo.
Instead, bootpart puts a line into the boot.ini menu. I mean that literally. It installs the new menu option for you. You type nothing.
It is extremely easy to use and almost configures itself.
I highly recommend it.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By javaneo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-07-2006, 06:13 PM
-
By jdong in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 86
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 03:17 AM
-
By kgonepostl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 03:14 AM
-
By ishtvan22 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 04:11 AM
-
By jimbo62 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99