-
Knoppix does not (auto)mount USB storage on Toshiba Satt.P25
Hello,
I am running RedHat with custom kernel on the same laptop and it recognizes all these USB hdds just fine.
I tried to boot knoppix from a CD and everything works fine except USB HDD. System just ignores them. lsusb displays just my USB mouse. I tried different HDD enclosures with the same result (all of them work with the RedHat kernels 2.4.28 and 2.6.5). If I try to mount /dev/sda1, it complains that sda1 is not a valid block device.
Here is what lspci says about my USB controller:
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB (Hub #1) (rev 02)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB (Hub #2) (rev 02)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB (Hub #3) (rev 02)
00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB EHCI Controller #2 (rev 02)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB EHCI Controller (rev 02)
I tried both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels for knoppix. 2.6 displayed some symbol not found errors for usb_storage if I tried expert boot option. The actual ISO image I downloaded today and I believe it is 3.6.
Any ideas?
Thank you,
Nick
Similar Threads
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 02:04 AM
-
By dbryanw in forum Laptops
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 06:32 PM
-
By mahdi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:50 PM
-
By Cefalu of Italy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 08:49 PM
-
By audioaficionado in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 06:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368
$22.99

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99

New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6" Battery 11.25V 41Wh 3467mAh G91J0 MGCM5
$44.95

Lot of 10OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 63WH Battery RJ40G M033W - Excellent
$175.00

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade
$36.99

OEM Genuine 07KRV Battery Dell Latitude 5330 7330 7430 7530 Precision 3570 FK0VR
$34.49

New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W
$49.95

OEM YRDD6 Battery For Dell Inspiron 3582 3593 3793 5493 5584 5593 5480 5590 5594
$15.02