Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix does not (auto)mount USB storage on Toshiba Satt.P25

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix does not (auto)mount USB storage on Toshiba Satt.P25

    Hello,

    I am running RedHat with custom kernel on the same laptop and it recognizes all these USB hdds just fine.

    I tried to boot knoppix from a CD and everything works fine except USB HDD. System just ignores them. lsusb displays just my USB mouse. I tried different HDD enclosures with the same result (all of them work with the RedHat kernels 2.4.28 and 2.6.5). If I try to mount /dev/sda1, it complains that sda1 is not a valid block device.

    Here is what lspci says about my USB controller:
    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB (Hub #1) (rev 02)
    00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB (Hub #2) (rev 02)
    00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB (Hub #3) (rev 02)
    00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB EHCI Controller #2 (rev 02)
    00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB EHCI Controller (rev 02)

    I tried both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels for knoppix. 2.6 displayed some symbol not found errors for usb_storage if I tried expert boot option. The actual ISO image I downloaded today and I believe it is 3.6.

    Any ideas?

    Thank you,
    Nick

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4

    Appeared to be simple :-)

    "insmod ehci-hcd" resolved it on kernel 2.4.

    Will try it on 2.6 later.

    I like this self-service board

    Still, I am wondering why sometimes I need to do this and sometimes it just works by default? I have another laptop where USB was available without any additional commands...

Similar Threads

  1. Auto Mount?
    By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 02:04 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 06:32 PM
  3. Auto Mount after booting from CD
    By mahdi in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:50 PM
  4. Knoppix 3.3 will not mount HD on a Toshiba Laptop
    By Cefalu of Italy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 08:49 PM
  5. How do I auto mount HD partitions durring Knoppix boot?
    By audioaficionado in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2003, 06:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable picture

OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable

$125.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00