-
connect to the internet
thanks for your help!
first of all I am not sure what kind of modem I have. There is an ethernet cable going out of my pc and directly into a modem that the provider gave me. I looked on the site of the isp but they don't explain anything. On windows i just used the connection setup wizard chose direct connection to the internet using broadcast connection. I just typed in the username & password from my isp and it worked. How come that doesn't work in knoppix?
I don't get how ipconfig /release works. Does it store the configuration of windows on the hard disk? Or does it have to do with the network card? Will Knoppix do the rest by itself?
Is there a way to check weather my network card is detected by knoppix?
Pascal
-
you proberbly need to give a litle bit more info on this one. IE is it a cable connection or a router connection you are using, who is your ISP etc.
Normally if you have a broadband connection using a router and your isp uses dymanmic ip addressing knoppix will pick this up out of the box, I dont even need to put in a password or user name it recognises my connection no problems.
your windows network config has no bearing on knoppix at all, it is completley independent. post some more info
Jim
-
thanks for your answer!
I used ran ipconfig from windows cmd to get the ip adress + subnet mask and this stuff and then just entered it in netcardconfig.
It works now.
pascal
Similar Threads
-
By dfizer in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-21-2006, 12:41 AM
-
By keyur in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2006, 02:55 AM
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
By vzlandude in forum Networking
Replies: 15
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 04:24 AM
-
By basshit in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08