Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: setup an old monitor

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3

    setup an old monitor

    I am a newbie in linux world and I got a Knoppix bootable cd for a start.
    I having a problem because I testing it in configuration with an old monitor (Philips 14" working on 640x480 60Hz on windows and this is the most it can do )
    When I start Knoppix picture is well you can guess with distorsion small like much more resolution I have 3 pictures instead of one.
    In short terms it cant be used for anything.
    I dont even have a chance to try to setup display from its configuration tool cause I can see anything
    Can anyone provide me some configuration file which can work or some other good solution that I can use to start my knoppix somehow.

    tia Cubrovic

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    When the PC begins to boot up, do you see a screen like this? http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/sl...se=167&slide=1. If so then you can type some codes to help it boot up. I would try the following:
    Code:
    knoppix vga=normal
    Or
    Code:
    knoppix vga=normal screen=640x480 xvrefresh=60
    **EDIT**
    Try this one but I don't think it wil work.
    Code:
    knoppix fb640x480
    You can also get command line console access by using the code:
    Code:
    knoppix 2 vga=normal
    I hope this helps.
    James

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3
    Yap kind of like that I use knoppix screen=640x480 depth=8 xyrefresh=60 and the screen is messed up during the booting but kde starts nice then and it is ok from there.
    Thanks for help
    Now I m struggling to have write permission to hard drives from knoppix because I dont have it right now.
    If you or someone can help me with tip on that one it would be nice.

Similar Threads

  1. Lilo setup improperly on multi-hard drive setup, how to fix?
    By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 10:23 PM
  2. Problemas al Instalar monitor , Installing Monitor
    By comanam in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
  3. Can't setup videocard/monitor!
    By polemon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:54 PM
  4. Dual Monitor Setup
    By Rink in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 01:02 PM
  5. Remaster with Monitor setup correct ?!
    By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2003, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A

$49.99



Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop picture

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop

$40.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$36.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Mixed Brand 120/128/240/256GB SSD 2.5

Mixed Brand 120/128/240/256GB SSD 2.5" SATA III 6GB/s Internal Solid State Drive

$34.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99