-
Senior Member
registered user
Yankee Imperialism!
Two or 3 not unrelated issues here:
How do I get Italian as the default keyboard mapping? OK, I can do it easily enough for X sessions in Kde, but it leaves me floundering about in console sessions as, no matter what I do (keymap-install appears to have no effect whatsoever, although I'm not 100% sure I understand the man page) I end up with the us keymappings (OK, so my mother tongue is English -- although not American English) and I have an Italian keyboard.
Knoppix/Debian is the only Linux I've come across which refuses to print (I mean, on screen) non standard ascii characters: for example, I have a lot of oggs by a Macedonian band called Koçani (that's c cedilla) Orkestar: for reasons I can't grok, Although the file name shows correctly (maybe Kde is handing that) XMMS shows the band as Koani Orkestar! Can I fix this?
Note to developers: most of the English speaking world does *not* speak American English or use American imperial measurements or use American keyboards. WTF are these the defaults?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40

Samsung 9100 Pro 1TB PCIe 5.0 M.2 SSD
$225.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Western Digital Black SN770 1TB NVME SSD
$150.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14 14" OLED 3K 120Hz Gaming Laptop
$1350.00