Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 120GB HDD install??

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    24

    120GB HDD install??

    I have 3 part question.

    1. I have a 120 GB HDD 40 GB partition already has XP installed on it, I am trying to install knoppix on the remaining space on the HDD. Installation goes fine but when I reboot, lilo doesint load, all I see in 111111 on my screen.

    2. I want to install grub as default boot loader instead of lilo, how do I chose this at install time? The knx-hdinstall does not give me a choice.

    3. How do I create separate partitions for /, /usr, /var etc instead of the / and swap defaults?

    Thanks a ton in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: 120GB HDD install??

    Quote Originally Posted by manjo
    I have 3 part question.

    1. I have a 120 GB HDD 40 GB partition already has XP installed on it, I am trying to install knoppix on the remaining space on the HDD. Installation goes fine but when I reboot, lilo doesint load, all I see in 111111 on my screen.
    Sounds like you chose not to install LILO to MBR. Boot with the floppy - edit LILO to point to the correct partition (of course you'll need to add XP in there too). and then re-run LILO /sbin/lilo

    2. I want to install grub as default boot loader instead of lilo, how do I chose this at install time?
    You can't

    3. How do I create separate partitions for /, /usr, /var etc instead of the / and swap defaults?
    with a partitioning program. I prefer cfdisk.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    24
    when I do a hdd install of knoppix, at the end it fails writing lilo to MBR. I tried editing lillo.conf and rerunnig lilo, still same result. Seems like knoppix cannot handle hdd of size 120GB.

Similar Threads

  1. Western Digital 120GB(part:3xFAT32) not write
    By ATI in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 05:14 PM
  2. Samsung 1204H (120GB) and Kernel 2.6: no partitions
    By bernd_b in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 12:20 PM
  3. Knoppix doesn't recognize 120GB hard drive.
    By dragon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-16-2003, 03:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



Samsung LS32A700NWNXZA 4K UHD LED Monitor 32

Samsung LS32A700NWNXZA 4K UHD LED Monitor 32" A700 Series with HDR, Black

$200.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 FE 5G SM-X528U Tablet, 10.9

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 FE 5G SM-X528U Tablet, 10.9" WUXGA+, Samsung Exynos 1580

$300.00



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99