-
Going to try "Windows Partition PMI"
Hi all, I am new here, so please help me.
I decided to do a poormaninstall (Windows Partition PMI) according to this: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/WinPartition.
I think this is a cool way to use linux without much hassle with partitions and MBR.
But I have some questions and hope that someone kind may give me some hints??
So, here is my plan. First I will make a logical partition with partition magic for my persistent home. Then I will do as what described on the link.
I think I will set my persistent home later when I boot into Knoppix for the first time by clicking the penguin icon on the toolbar and choose Configure.
Am I right up to this point?
And do I need a linux swap partition as it is not mentioned anywhere on that link.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By king_crimson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-30-2006, 08:25 PM
-
By locutus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 06:38 AM
-
By ruymbeke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 06:52 AM
-
By TaNgO in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 11:16 PM
-
By spectralshadows in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX
$42.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID ENCLOSURE ONLY
$550.00

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00