If knoppix can run off the cd without a swap, you don't need one with a PMI.
As with the PH, yes, after you boot you can creat, just be sure to make a partition for it. Knoppix locks the partition when it does a PMI.
Hi all, I am new here, so please help me.
I decided to do a poormaninstall (Windows Partition PMI) according to this: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/WinPartition.
I think this is a cool way to use linux without much hassle with partitions and MBR.
But I have some questions and hope that someone kind may give me some hints??
So, here is my plan. First I will make a logical partition with partition magic for my persistent home. Then I will do as what described on the link.
I think I will set my persistent home later when I boot into Knoppix for the first time by clicking the penguin icon on the toolbar and choose Configure.
Am I right up to this point?
And do I need a linux swap partition as it is not mentioned anywhere on that link.
Thanks.
If knoppix can run off the cd without a swap, you don't need one with a PMI.
As with the PH, yes, after you boot you can creat, just be sure to make a partition for it. Knoppix locks the partition when it does a PMI.
Yes, rickmoney, I think that would work fine, provided that the area you are setting up for the PH is on a different partition.
The WinPartion method is the one I use to load Knoppix, and I love it.
jd
Are you guys having success with PMI and a separate partition for PH? I am seeing a strange issue that it doesn't detect my PH. Can you tell me how you did it? And what cheatcodes you use?
try
"knoppix home=scan myconfig=scan fromhd"

Samsung 16GB DDR4 3200MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM – M471A2G43BB2‑CWE – PC4‑25600
$45.99
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T230NU 8GB 7" Tablet Factory Reset
$39.99
Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
SAMSUNG ViewFinity S5 34" QHD Monitor 100Hz 5ms AMD FreeSync S34C50DGAN #BU4874
$154.59
ZAGG Glass Elite Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Ultra/Tab S9 Ultra Screen Protector
$18.89