Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Going to try "Windows Partition PMI"

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2

    Going to try "Windows Partition PMI"

    Hi all, I am new here, so please help me.
    I decided to do a poormaninstall (Windows Partition PMI) according to this: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/WinPartition.
    I think this is a cool way to use linux without much hassle with partitions and MBR.
    But I have some questions and hope that someone kind may give me some hints??
    So, here is my plan. First I will make a logical partition with partition magic for my persistent home. Then I will do as what described on the link.
    I think I will set my persistent home later when I boot into Knoppix for the first time by clicking the penguin icon on the toolbar and choose Configure.
    Am I right up to this point?
    And do I need a linux swap partition as it is not mentioned anywhere on that link.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    If knoppix can run off the cd without a swap, you don't need one with a PMI.

    As with the PH, yes, after you boot you can creat, just be sure to make a partition for it. Knoppix locks the partition when it does a PMI.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Yes, rickmoney, I think that would work fine, provided that the area you are setting up for the PH is on a different partition.

    The WinPartion method is the one I use to load Knoppix, and I love it.

    jd

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    28
    Are you guys having success with PMI and a separate partition for PH? I am seeing a strange issue that it doesn't detect my PH. Can you tell me how you did it? And what cheatcodes you use?

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12
    try
    "knoppix home=scan myconfig=scan fromhd"

Similar Threads

  1. can't partition/install with "knoppix-installer"
    By king_crimson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2006, 08:25 PM
  2. spreading Knoppix due to MS Windows "issues"
    By locutus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 06:38 AM
  3. "Clean" Knoppix Boot on a preinstalled Windows XP
    By ruymbeke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 06:52 AM
  4. "invalid partition table" with Knoppix 3.3
    By TaNgO in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 11:16 PM
  5. "Not found any [active partition] in HDD"
    By spectralshadows in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 05:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Cisco CP-8821-K9 V10 Rugged Wireless IP VoIP Phone No Battery or Cover Reset picture

Cisco CP-8821-K9 V10 Rugged Wireless IP VoIP Phone No Battery or Cover Reset

$149.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black picture

Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black

$20.00



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99