-
Lan configuration in Knoppix
Hi all,
I have some problems connecting to internet with knoppix.
I have a Toshiba centrino laptop, normally I used XP and connecting to my LAN (university) is not a problem.
I just type the IP, Subnet mask, gateway and host into the tcp/ip protocol and everything is up and running.
I tried with Knoppis, where I entered IP, Subnet mask andgateway into the box when I am asked one by one, but I just left blank for broadcast ip and server name since I dont know what should I input.
But it was not working and I was not connected.
Anyone knows the way to do this right?
Please help.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Lan configuration in Knoppix

Originally Posted by
rickymoney
.... but I just left blank for broadcast ip and server name since I dont know what.....
The broadcast IP should be the the highest IP address within the range of the mask. For example, for a class C network like 192.168.1.xxx it would be 192.168.1.255. For a class A address like 10.xxx.xxx.xxx it would be 10.255.255.255. It's needed for things like ARP, so don't just discount it because you don't think you will be broadcasting.
Similar Threads
-
By mtylerb in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-08-2006, 08:56 AM
-
By Mr_Mike in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 09:18 AM
-
By abeyve in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 06:34 PM
-
By KnopperX in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-29-2004, 03:49 AM
-
By Daedaleus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00