Hello,
I created my own sarge-version (base-system + kde) that I copied to /mnt/knx/KNOPPIX. When I start my normal sarge and then chroot to /mnt/knx/KNOPPIX and type "startx", it works, but when I try the final myknoppix.iso-file with qemu, I get the message:
"modprobe: /lib/modules/2.4.27/module.dep: no such file".
It's quite normal because I started with 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel from woody that I upgraded to sarge. I tried to install 2.4.27 kernel, but there are only kernels like 2.4.27-1-k7 or with other extensions.
Anyway I would like to install the latest 2.6 kernel. How can I tell Knoppix to use the kernel I want ? I did not understand how Knoppix manages the kernel. In /boot I only find vmlinuz, but no kernel-image, even after installing 2.4.27-1-k7.
thanks a lot for help
Klaus![]()

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$236.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00