-
wrong kernel
Hello,
I created my own sarge-version (base-system + kde) that I copied to /mnt/knx/KNOPPIX. When I start my normal sarge and then chroot to /mnt/knx/KNOPPIX and type "startx", it works, but when I try the final myknoppix.iso-file with qemu, I get the message:
"modprobe: /lib/modules/2.4.27/module.dep: no such file".
It's quite normal because I started with 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel from woody that I upgraded to sarge. I tried to install 2.4.27 kernel, but there are only kernels like 2.4.27-1-k7 or with other extensions.
Anyway I would like to install the latest 2.6 kernel. How can I tell Knoppix to use the kernel I want ? I did not understand how Knoppix manages the kernel. In /boot I only find vmlinuz, but no kernel-image, even after installing 2.4.27-1-k7.
thanks a lot for help
Klaus
Similar Threads
-
By thejackal13 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 09-21-2005, 12:30 AM
-
By slp44 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 01:23 AM
-
By tonycooles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 06:21 PM
-
By mikejn1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 02:42 PM
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99