-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
probono
Hi,
your post is extremely interesting for me because I was almost sure that Evolution was one of the very few apps that couldn't be made run with klik (because it uses gconf, which is a bloated mess).
Just rename the directory ~/evolution to something else, the wrapper will continue working.
In case you succeed (which I doubt due to gconf) please describe step-by-step what you did, then I'll try to follow your steps.
Greetings,
probono
That's exactly what I did first. It didn't work. In the beginning, evolution tried to start up, but a window opened up with an error message saying that the ~/evolution directory (where evolution stores the settings for the remote email server(s) and the downloaded emails, signatures and other miscellaneous config stuff) is not empty and evolution cannot continue (this was because ~/evolution actually contained the binaries of the app itself. So I moved the binaries, the libraries it depended on, and the wrapper script to another directory and ran the wrapper from there. Evolution crashed saying "evolution not found", or something. This is why I thought that perhaps the "wrapper" needed to be edited or something. I'll send detailed messages the next time I boot into knoppix.
Anyways, I did not get any "gconfd" related errors, so perhaps the gconf issue you mentioned may not be a big deal. I'll let you know within 24 hrs ( I put a memo entry in my "korganizer" in casse I forget).
Regards,
AR
Similar Threads
-
By sunburnt in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 07:13 PM
-
By ibrewale in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 10:32 PM
-
By kuser123 in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:58 PM
-
By wutzin in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 09:55 AM
-
By MattT in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-12-2003, 02:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

HP EliteBook 840 G5 Laptop Intel Core i5 7200U 8GB RAM – No HDD
$64.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$399.00

Intel Xeon E-2478 2.8Ghz 24MB Cache 8 Core FCLGA1700 Server Processor CPU SRMX7
$599.95

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00