-
lexmark printer
Just opened the program and it all seems pretty straightforward.
Had no trouble configuring the dial up modem, but the printer won't work.
I went through the add printer program, found the lexmark 1100, but it will not print the test page, or anything else. I checked the search on this forum but did not find the answer there.
The only thing I can see is there is no location listed in the property tab for the printer.
As I'm new to Linux I could use some help.
It took me a while to figure out I could use the cheat codes at boot up to get my monitor to work as I was getting an out of range message,and it was shutting down. Took a week to figure that one out.
Hope to get a solution.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Linux & Lexmark have a history of not getting along very well. For some reason certain corporations refuse to make any effort what so ever to work with Linux. In fact, certain corporations won't even release enough info to allow the construction of a proper driver. Other corporations however HP & Epson for example have made a very big effort toward not only working with Linux but building drivers as well. This is not to say that your Lexmark printer will not work as it may very well work just fine. A Lexmark printer is what's know as a "winprinter" or more accurately "wimprinter".
It might be easy to set it up and make it work, but I doubt it. 
Everything you never knew you wanted to know about Linux printing is here:http://www.linuxprinting.org/
-
lexmark printer
I just checked the Linux printer site and it said pretty much what you had.
I'm not too surprised as I have tried Redhat and Mandrake to see what Linux was all about. I can't remember which one, but the printer did work on one but not the other. Must be having a senior moment!
I will still be using Knoppix as a learning tool, being as it is so easy to use, no partitioning or losing anything on my hard drive when I use it.
Thanks for the reply and the link.
Similar Threads
-
By clarjon1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:46 PM
-
By jkarpago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 07:48 PM
-
By help_seeker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 05:31 PM
-
By tgieddie84 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 05:07 PM
-
By Butch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 02:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00