Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Aurox Live

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Aurox Live

    Aurox Live is a Fedora-based distribution that uses Knoppix technology for the Live CD portion. I like it because it comes with Nvidia and ATI drivers working straight out of the box. I use it whenever I need a "Red Hat" flavored Linux.

    Greetings,
    probono

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Thanks.
    I'm looking here: ftp://ftp.tuwien.ac.at/pub/linux/aurox/install/10.0.1/ and there seem to be 4 different iso files posted. There is no indication of which file is what. There is one md5sum file posted; it lists all 4 of the iso files inside it.
    Code:
    b60e1c1abc502778c35968d03c7ccafa  aurox-10.0.1a-1.iso
    a6a0f94f57f478e38a3bb1e839e7c96b  aurox-10.0.1a-2.iso
    572824bf700317bdc0d71f153707da10  aurox-10.0.1a-3.iso
    dac80e3d6cd52cec7247e6052a7784bf  aurox-10.0.1a-4.iso
    But that still gives me no idea why there are 4 different iso's (each a somewhat different size). I don't need 4 CD's for this "Live CD" do I? Or am I looking at a completely wrong thing?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tragic City, Michigan
    Posts
    13
    I did some searching on their site and it is a bit confusing to say the least.The "live CD" appears to be hidden but I left no stone unturned and believe I may have found the correct ".iso" at:

    ftp://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/distr...ns/aurox/live/

    ...the readme file there seems to verify it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Had to have a look at this and a confusing website is an understatement IMO.
    Seems like the live version is understandably 1 iso and the normal installable aurox is 4 isos.
    Going up one level ftp://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/distributions/aurox/ and looking at the directories seems to support this.

  5. #5
    Guest
    Well, mine is on DVD actually and I got it on the cover of a Linux magazine. I have to boot it with the "live" cheatcode. Don't know whether the same applies for the download version as well.

    Greetings,
    probono

Similar Threads

  1. Aurox :: Live auf Bestellung
    By aurox in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 12:47 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 08:46 AM
  3. SB Live no sound with 4.0.2 live CD; SMP kernel's fault?
    By fwheeler_1 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2005, 05:58 PM
  4. Whats the difference between a Live CD and a live DVD?
    By bokaroseani in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
  5. Live-CD
    By som in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2005, 12:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT picture

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT

$9.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC picture

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC

$4.95



Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1SG 2RX4 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server Memory picture

Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1SG 2RX4 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server Memory

$199.95