-
Senior Member
registered user
Aurox Live
Aurox Live is a Fedora-based distribution that uses Knoppix technology for the Live CD portion. I like it because it comes with Nvidia and ATI drivers working straight out of the box. I use it whenever I need a "Red Hat" flavored Linux.
Greetings,
probono
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Thanks.
I'm looking here: ftp://ftp.tuwien.ac.at/pub/linux/aurox/install/10.0.1/ and there seem to be 4 different iso files posted. There is no indication of which file is what. There is one md5sum file posted; it lists all 4 of the iso files inside it.
Code:
b60e1c1abc502778c35968d03c7ccafa aurox-10.0.1a-1.iso
a6a0f94f57f478e38a3bb1e839e7c96b aurox-10.0.1a-2.iso
572824bf700317bdc0d71f153707da10 aurox-10.0.1a-3.iso
dac80e3d6cd52cec7247e6052a7784bf aurox-10.0.1a-4.iso
But that still gives me no idea why there are 4 different iso's (each a somewhat different size). I don't need 4 CD's for this "Live CD" do I? Or am I looking at a completely wrong thing?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I did some searching on their site and it is a bit confusing to say the least.The "live CD" appears to be hidden but I left no stone unturned and believe I may have found the correct ".iso" at:
ftp://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/distr...ns/aurox/live/
...the readme file there seems to verify it.
-
Had to have a look at this and a confusing website is an understatement IMO.
Seems like the live version is understandably 1 iso and the normal installable aurox is 4 isos.
Going up one level ftp://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/distributions/aurox/ and looking at the directories seems to support this.
-
Well, mine is on DVD actually and I got it on the cover of a Linux magazine. I have to boot it with the "live" cheatcode. Don't know whether the same applies for the download version as well.
Greetings,
probono
Similar Threads
-
By aurox in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2006, 12:47 PM
-
By aurox in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-24-2006, 08:46 AM
-
By fwheeler_1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-13-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By bokaroseani in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
-
By som in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95

68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter
$25.00