Hello,
I created my own sarge-version (base-system + kde) that I copied to /mnt/knx/KNOPPIX. When I start my normal sarge and then chroot to /mnt/knx/KNOPPIX and type "startx", it works fine, but when I try the final myknoppix.iso-file with qemu, I get the message:
No devices detected
Fatal server error
No screens found.
That's what /var/log/XFree86.0.log says too.
debian:/# dpkg -l | grep xserver
ii xserver-common 4.3.0.dfsg.1-8 files and utilities common to all X servers
ii xserver-common 3.3.6-44 files and utilities common to XFree86 3.x X
ii xserver-fbdev 3.3.6-44 X server for framebuffer-based graphics driv
ii xserver-svga 3.3.6-44 X server for SVGA graphics cards
ii xserver-vga16 3.3.6-44 X server for VGA graphics cards
ii xserver-xfree8 4.3.0.dfsg.1-8 the XFree86 X server.
I use the same XFree86Config-4 file as in my usual sarge on hard disk. What can be wrong ?
Klaus![]()

DEC Vintage Module/Board Collectable Vintage chip - 1 BROKEN LEG (BO)
$200.00
Vintage Brown Leather Laptop Briefcase with Yellow Zipper
$45.00
Vintage AutoCAD 2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code
$144.45
Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99
Intel 1301 Vintage collectable IC Ceramic DIP - possible cracked casing (BO)
$100.00
Vintage Apple IIc Computer Carrying Case Bag Grey Canvas Rainbow Logo 1980s
$74.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh LC 512K VRAM SIMM M0517LL/A 68-Pin 820-0313-03 Boxed
$99.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage WD 120GB External Hard Drive USB 2.0 7200RPM FACTORY SEALED New Old Stk
$130.00
Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working
$50.00