It probably should be hda1 or hda#.
Hi all,
(im newbie so be kind)
I use Knoppix on CD and it works on my PC. I have 2 IBM disk SCSI, 4Giga and 36GIga. Knoppix see all. I decide last day to install Knoppix on MY HD. Very easy to do but not so easy to boot...
Infact after boot im on the GRUB shell....
My string for boot is: kernel hd(0,0)/boot/vmlinux2-4-27 root=/dev/sda1
then boot...
BUT I RECEIVE: KERNEL PANIC UNABLE TO MOUNT root...
Ok, so i try to change my root partition sda1 in sda2, sda5, sdb1, sdb2.... nothing.
I think that the Kernel dont load the module for my SCSI ADPTEC.. is possible??
Whats i WRONG??
Thanks...
It probably should be hda1 or hda#.
kwh2999 ;
It may be that you identify the root program incorrectly; thus....
Identify the vmlinux-2.4-27 as........vmlinuz-2.4-27
In some systems, the Identifier is simply.....vmlinuz24
It is a symlink.

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00
x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99
SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung (8X16GB) 128GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA-RE2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4
$849.99
Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory
$2150.00
Micron MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2J3 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM
$114.95
2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35