I have looked at many posts and lists but haven't yet found a definative answer.
I have both CD-Rom's and a LaCie usb drive that are formatted in HFS PLUS.
I have the HFSPLUS module and can modprobe it. BUT I can't get linux (knoppix 3.4 kernel 2.4.26 or 2.6.6
to read the damn things!
I have tried the mount -t hfsplus /dev/scd0 /mnt/mac command
I have tried hpmount /dev/scdo /mnt/mac I have created the directory mac ( and many others )
I have edited fstab every way I know.
The last error in kernel 2.6 was No valid Apple_HFS partition found (unknown error 4294967295)
A recent attempt at mounting the usb drive produced this:
root@ixan:/home/john# modprobe hfsplus
root@ixan:/home/john# mount -t hfsplus /dev/sda2 /mnt/LaCie/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda2,
or too many mounted file systems
root@ixan:/home/john# hpmount /dev/sda2 /mnt/LaCie/
*** Warning: You are about to open '/dev/sda2' for writing ***
*** Do you really want to do that ? (y/n) ***
y
hpmount: /dev/sda2: Neither Wrapper nor native HFS+ volume header found (Unknown error 4294967295)
root@ixan:/home/john# modprobe hfs
root@ixan:/home/john# hmount -r /dev/sda2 /mnt/LaCie/
Usage: hmount source-path [partition-no]
root@ixan:/home/john#
Is it at all possible to read a HFS+ source from linux?

Lot of 2 Compaq Alpha 21264C B21264C-1225TPN Vintage DEC Alpha CPU 2001
$49.99
🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS �
$216.30
Vintage Commodore 64 C64 Box Game Boxes & Manuals Only Lot EA Accolade
$199.99
Vintage Commodore 64 Big Box Game Boxes Manuals Enchanter Dragon Riders Of Pern
$189.99
Vintage Zak McKracken Alien Mindbenders Big Box Commodore 64/128 Insert UNTESTED
$165.00
Vintage MacLuggage I/O Design Carrying Case Apple Macintosh Plus SE Classic Bag
$89.95
External CD-RW Drive Unit Vintage SCSI Lacie Qualcomm Hard Drive
$159.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM
$149.00
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99