-
DSL connection does not work after HDD install
I did start Knoppix 3.7 from CD and had no problems configuring a DSL network connection using ppoeconf. and getting it started with pon dsl-provider. Then I did a HDD install and tried again. ppoeconf found the eth0 device, but at the next step the configuration failed, indicating that there is no connection or the connection used by some other process.
I tried that as user as well as root, with the same result.
Also even inserting the CD again even without myconfig, but I ended up with the same error.
Under Windows the network still works fine. So I desperately had to switch back and look in the web for help:
I also trid netcardconfig, but without success.
Any ideas. Thany a lot in advance.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I running Kurumin (a Brazilian flavor of knoppix) and have no problems to reach the web.
If I try the knoppix cd I get the same error you get. If I swicht back to kurumin cd i do get the connection.
I printed in paper both kurumin and knoppix pppoeconf, put the paper side by side and compared line by line. They are identical.
I should help if we (me and Julian) could understand how a dsl connection is got under knoppix. Which steps are done.
I do intend to install Knoppix in my hd but I can not do it before I figure how to connect at internet. I completely gave up on windows.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Did you try pump at knosole after you configured pppoe. That's what got mydsl connection started.
-
After sleeping a night over it I did restart and came one step further. The pppoeconfig did run, but I did not get a connection. The data LED on my dsl-modem was not flashing.
Then I did reboot and tried everything, networkconfig gave with defalut values an error, but after switching to manual mode, but without changing any IP number it did work.
Pump gave an error message, but after running pppoeconfig it did work and now I am posting this using Knoppix
I will try it in a more controlled way and let you know about the results.
But anyhow this is a good community and thanks to everyone spending time to give advice.
Similar Threads
-
By DanBallance in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-25-2005, 01:40 PM
-
By siggy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2005, 03:34 PM
-
By CptKrf in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 02:35 AM
-
By username in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-11-2003, 01:37 AM
-
By sevengraff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 02:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1444.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99