-
DSL connection does not work after HDD install
I did start Knoppix 3.7 from CD and had no problems configuring a DSL network connection using ppoeconf. and getting it started with pon dsl-provider. Then I did a HDD install and tried again. ppoeconf found the eth0 device, but at the next step the configuration failed, indicating that there is no connection or the connection used by some other process.
I tried that as user as well as root, with the same result.
Also even inserting the CD again even without myconfig, but I ended up with the same error.
Under Windows the network still works fine. So I desperately had to switch back and look in the web for help:
I also trid netcardconfig, but without success.
Any ideas. Thany a lot in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By DanBallance in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-25-2005, 01:40 PM
-
By siggy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2005, 03:34 PM
-
By CptKrf in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 02:35 AM
-
By username in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-11-2003, 01:37 AM
-
By sevengraff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 02:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00