-
Junior Member
registered user
Dell 8400 RAID 1 disk array not mounted
I can get knoppix to boot OK from CD, but the C drive of the WinXP NTFS partition does not get auto mounted by Knoppix.
I believe it's getting stuck because the twin SATA hard drives are in a RAID 1 array.
Any tricks for making Knoppix work with a SATA RAID array? Dell use an Intel RAID controller on the mobo.
JP
-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 3.8.2 resolves the issue
I can now boot and mount on a Dell 8400 witha SATA Raid1 array.
Requires Knoppix 3.8.2 and the cheatcode knoppix acpi=off
The individual disks mount as seperate hard drives, not as an array so writing to the disks would be a no-no but at least I know I can read them if the need arises in the future if windoze takes a dump.
The sound card is not recognized, but I can live with that for troubleshooting.
JP
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Knoppix 3.8.2 resolves the issue

Originally Posted by
JPWhite
The individual disks mount as seperate hard drives, not as an array so writing to the disks would be a no-no but at least I know I can read them if the need arises in the future if windoze takes a dump.
You may be able to read directories, but if you have a normal raid array with files split across drives (rather than just a redundant copy of one disk on the other), then I doubt if you can actually recover any large files (files large enough to span across drives).
Similar Threads
-
By NatXotic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
-
By ^Mo^ in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-04-2005, 06:07 PM
-
By JPWhite in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 05:15 AM
-
By wooac in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 06:47 AM
-
By egbill3eagle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)
$150.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00