-
Wrong hardware detection: connecting the HD to an other pc
Hey!! I allready started a topic "Error message: Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem" in the General forum but if I will not be able to make it on that way.(I can only do this on Friday) I will have to try an other solution:
I've connected an old HD to my own pc, where knoppix runs fine. So I were able to "HD-install" knoppix on that old HD.
Now I connected that HD to an very old PC. (I could not boot knoppix from CD there. Watch my first topic) The Problem is: the knoppix does not detects the hardware from the old pc. It uses the old configuration from the pc, where I installed it, instead. For exmaple it says, that an GeForce VGA is there and sets the graphics driver to "nv"
. But that's not the only wrong detected hardware I have (Monitor refresh rates, network adapter, sound card, fstab file, and so on). Help!! What am I doing wrong?? Any Ideas what to do next??
Similar Threads
-
By s-r-b in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-25-2006, 12:47 AM
-
By obsoleto in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:11 PM
-
By jcostello in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2004, 01:33 AM
-
By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
-
By staverts in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 06:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00