-
Senior Member
registered user
HFS Plus mystery
I have looked at many posts and lists but haven't yet found a definative answer.
I have both CD-Rom's and a LaCie usb drive that are formatted in HFS PLUS.
I have the HFSPLUS module and can modprobe it. BUT I can't get linux (knoppix 3.4 kernel 2.4.26 or 2.6.6
to read the damn things!
I have tried the mount -t hfsplus /dev/scd0 /mnt/mac command
I have tried hpmount /dev/scdo /mnt/mac I have created the directory mac ( and many others )
I have edited fstab every way I know.
The last error in kernel 2.6 was No valid Apple_HFS partition found (unknown error 4294967295)
A recent attempt at mounting the usb drive produced this:
root@ixan:/home/john# modprobe hfsplus
root@ixan:/home/john# mount -t hfsplus /dev/sda2 /mnt/LaCie/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda2,
or too many mounted file systems
root@ixan:/home/john# hpmount /dev/sda2 /mnt/LaCie/
*** Warning: You are about to open '/dev/sda2' for writing ***
*** Do you really want to do that ? (y/n) ***
y
hpmount: /dev/sda2: Neither Wrapper nor native HFS+ volume header found (Unknown error 4294967295)
root@ixan:/home/john# modprobe hfs
root@ixan:/home/john# hmount -r /dev/sda2 /mnt/LaCie/
Usage: hmount source-path [partition-no]
root@ixan:/home/john#
Is it at all possible to read a HFS+ source from linux?
Similar Threads
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 04:41 PM
-
By WedDa in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 07:18 PM
-
By mack in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 02:29 PM
-
By mack in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$699.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99

IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D
$219.99

VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99