I have looked at many posts and lists but haven't yet found a definative answer.
I have both CD-Rom's and a LaCie usb drive that are formatted in HFS PLUS.
I have the HFSPLUS module and can modprobe it. BUT I can't get linux (knoppix 3.4 kernel 2.4.26 or 2.6.6
to read the damn things!
I have tried the mount -t hfsplus /dev/scd0 /mnt/mac command
I have tried hpmount /dev/scdo /mnt/mac I have created the directory mac ( and many others )
I have edited fstab every way I know.
The last error in kernel 2.6 was No valid Apple_HFS partition found (unknown error 4294967295)
A recent attempt at mounting the usb drive produced this:
root@ixan:/home/john# modprobe hfsplus
root@ixan:/home/john# mount -t hfsplus /dev/sda2 /mnt/LaCie/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda2,
or too many mounted file systems
root@ixan:/home/john# hpmount /dev/sda2 /mnt/LaCie/
*** Warning: You are about to open '/dev/sda2' for writing ***
*** Do you really want to do that ? (y/n) ***
y
hpmount: /dev/sda2: Neither Wrapper nor native HFS+ volume header found (Unknown error 4294967295)
root@ixan:/home/john# modprobe hfs
root@ixan:/home/john# hmount -r /dev/sda2 /mnt/LaCie/
Usage: hmount source-path [partition-no]
root@ixan:/home/john#
Is it at all possible to read a HFS+ source from linux?

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$235.00
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99