-
Re: how to install "tar.bz2" archieve...

Originally Posted by
xaviers2002
I have used: ?tar xjvf skype-version.tar.bz2?. Just what the skype web site says. Strange isn't it. It seems that the software needs QT 3.2. I have downloaded even the version that has it... some story.
I was planning to try skype today, would you mind posting the URLs from where you downloaded the software? I'll give it a try and let you know how did it go.
I'm using Knoppix 3.6 from a live install on a notebook and a HD install on a desktop.
--GN
-
Senior Member
registered user
gnarvaja, sorry for the late replym i forgot all about it 
>>
BTW, when you save your configuration to a
persistent media, it is compressed with the bz2 extension.
>>
Not sure what you mean there. It depends on how you
do the save really.
] tar -czf somename.tar.gz ./somedirectory
That will just tar and deflate using gzip the contents
of "somedirectory". Puting the dot ahead of the slash
will help prevent an accidental unpacking in the
top root tree. too.
xaviers2002, again, sorry for the late response. I
hope it's worked out, but i notice
>>
I have used: ?tar xjvf skype-version.tar.bz2?.
Just what the skype web site says. Strange isn't it.
It seems that the software needs QT 3.2. I have
downloaded even the version that has it... some story.
>>
Why is the "?" prefixed to the "tar" command. The only
other thing i can think of there would be that it
didn't dload correctly.
-

Originally Posted by
jjmac
gnarvaja, sorry for the late replym i forgot all about it

I guess work tends to get in the way of fun, doesn't it?
Check this out: http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-linux-deb
They published a Debian package!
--GN
Similar Threads
-
By ihcnut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By Bukowski in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 01:57 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72