-
Installing Driver for DWL-520+
I've been trying to install the driver to make the DWL-520+ card work. I'm going to include the steps I've taken to do this. Getting off the subject I did a HD install of knoppix 3.4. My DVD wouldn't mount as you call it in linux. In fact no matter what I did even using commands in linux the drive would go undetected. So I uninstalled the OS and reinstalled the knoppix OS and chose the beginnner option instead of Debian and then it detected my DVD drive. I thought I would pass that on in case someone else had the same problem.
Here are the steps I've taken to install my wireless card:
Unzip the file
CD (File)
SU
Make
Make Install
Then either : modprobe (file) or insmod (file)
After "Make Install" it states: cp (object file)- /lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
Since I'm new to linux I don't know what to do then. I've tried "modprobe" and "insmod" neither will work. Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By tyoharo2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-12-2005, 12:00 PM
-
By tonycooles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 06:21 PM
-
By weedje in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 01:11 AM
-
By cybervet in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 05:35 PM
-
By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00