I have somewhat the same problem...
At least i believe so cause i am very very new.
unfortunatelly i something happened to the partition table of my laptop's hd
i have to recover some files from there in order to be... saved
I tried all the above but it seems hda2 (that i am intresting) don't have the correct permissions or something.
I start Samba, it asks for a password for user knoppix (i type a pass), and then askes to mount all (i click yes).
Then i try to open hda2 with konqueror and is sais : Error: Could not open folder /mnt/hda2
And (ofcourse) when i connect to the given ip i enter username knoppix and my password, i see as shared cdrom, hda2, hda5, knoppix and "Printers and Faxes"
I can only connect to //10.0.0.39/knoppix and not to //10.0.0.39/hda2 or hda5
I am very new to this and i can't understand what is going on.
Thanks all in advance ....