Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Troubles booting

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1

    Troubles booting

    Hi there!
    Been trying knoppix for a while but I can only boot knoppix with failsafe, if I try to boot in another way the computer crashes when Xserver is going to be launched, I get a green screen and can do nothing(I really don't know what X-Server is,im pretty new to both linux and knoppix). I noticed that if I boot with: knoppix 2, the computer doesn't crash but I don't know how to configure Xserver when I get to runlevel two. Any idees?
    Thanx in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Troubles booting

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonden
    Hi there!
    Been trying knoppix for a while but I can only boot knoppix with failsafe, if I try to boot in another way the computer crashes when Xserver is going to be launched, I get a green screen and can do nothing(I really don't know what X-Server is,im pretty new to both linux and knoppix). I noticed that if I boot with: knoppix 2, the computer doesn't crash but I don't know how to configure Xserver when I get to runlevel two. Any idees?
    Thanx in advance!
    X server is your graphic interface video server...creates graphics on the screen. Usually if X won't start it means it is unable to properly set up to your video card. Try booting using any of the cheatcodes which relate to video: screen= ;xserver= ; fb800x600 ;vga= ;etc. Also try the 'no's'; nodma, etc.

Similar Threads

  1. Troubles
    By HappyDays in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 06:18 AM
  2. Troubles Booting to the CD
    By mrprimo55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 11:41 PM
  3. ok, it's on my hd, I have app-get troubles. a better way?
    By cameik in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 01:35 AM
  4. USB troubles
    By cold in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:51 PM
  5. Troubles booting Knoppix...
    By knopperj in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount

$489.99