Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Quote Originally Posted by Sance
thanks man this is nice utility, it checked but says found 1 error, the checksum didn't match :cry
There is a common problem I've seen on many of the FTP and HTML mirrors - the file is being treated as if it were a text file and Linux new line characters are being translater to CR/LF pairs. This results in a lot of errors in the file (although it still comes down to one md5sum mismatch). Not sure if this is what happened to you, but I've seen it on about half the Knoppix iso files I've downloaded (and never seen it on anything else). You could test if this is what happened by checking the file size; the file gets somewhat larger if it is translated this way.

I intend to get my future downloads by Bittorrent, which should not suffer from this problem. If you do dowload without Bittorrent, be sure to do this test for each attempted download.
and from my belife, bittorrent does a basic checksum to see if the files are correct.