Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: issues on a Dell Inspiron 510m

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Napoli, Italy
    Posts
    2

    issues on a Dell Inspiron 510m

    Hi there,

    I just downloaded Knoppix 3.6 from the official torrent and tried to run it on my Dell Inspiron 510m laptop. It works, but I notice these problems:

    - during boot, I notice an error in inizializating the bluetooth module (I've got a Dell Bluetooth TrueMobile 300 integrated Bluetooth dongle), and I think I can't get it to work

    - I can't use my Intel 2200BG connection. I've tried modprobe ipw2200, but it can't find the module

    - the audio card is probed correctly but the mixer displays a muted icon and I can't get it to work (if I try enabling the sound system from system settings I get an error opening /dev/dsp/ or something similar).

    any help will be appreciated.

    thanks a lot

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    36
    Try getting the latest Kanotix.
    www.kanotix.com
    I think ipw2200 is built-in.

    If you have installed Knoppix to hard drive, try using synaptic or kpackage and see if it is available as a .deb package

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    36
    ok, I looked, it is available as a .deb package. if you can get internet access on another computer, or a wired connection, grab the .deb, you may need kernel headers also.

Similar Threads

  1. Dell Inspiron 9300 Issues
    By sc123 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 08:03 AM
  2. No graphics on Dell Inspiron 510m
    By frog-x in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 05:33 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 10:00 PM
  4. Dell Inspiron 8600
    By fcc in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 04:54 PM
  5. Dell Inspiron 8100
    By Adam in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2003, 11:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5  2x6248R  24 core 3.0G   24x64g DDR4-2933 ram picture

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram

$112000.00



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60