-
Junior Member
registered user
Nothing works as a user
After installing both Knoppix and Kanotix to hard drive, I'm finding with both of them I struggle to get anything working when logged in as a user.
I'm getting identical problems in both -
No sound effect/sound scheme but music players work.
When trying to connect to the internet via my dial-up modem, I either get a message saying unable to open modem or it be starts and gets as far as initializing but then it just freezes.
When trying to run Firefox or Thunderbird they are asking me to create a new profile (even though I have copied one across from a previous install) but when I try to create them it says I don't have write access to my home folder.
On both Kanotix and Knoppix, I'm using the user created during the (Debian style) install and on both everything works perfectly when logged in as root.
I've tried creating new users but I can't seem to do anything at all then.
I'm really at the end of my tether with this. If I can't get it sorted soon I'm just going to have to delete the user accounts and run as root all the time.
[EDIT] Apologies, although it does mention my modem, I actually meant to post this in the general forum.
Similar Threads
-
By zspecfenix17 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By sgs9198 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 11:40 PM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:02 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 03:27 PM
-
By /Knoppix/Knewbie/ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included
$299.99